Joel White designed the Haven Class boats as a centerboard version of the Nathanial Herreshoff designed 12-½ sloop, one of which ( Last Touch) he had owned for nearly a half century. Because Joel so respected the original 12-½ design he set out to make the Haven Class boats perform exactly like their predecessor. With a smidge more beam and slightly filed-out bilges the stability numbers for the Haven Class are almost identical to the Herreshoff 12-½s and with the whetted surface and sail areas also being equal to their inspiration it’s no surprise that along with keeping the classic Herreshoff aesthetic the same sailing qualities came along for the ride. The chief advantage of the Haven Class sloops is of course the shallow draft allowing the boats to float in just a foot and a half of water. This opens quite a bit more acreage for skinny water sailing and allows for easy launching and hauling from a trailer. This trailerability vastly increases sailing opportunities as it's easy to move the boat from one sailing venue to the next adventure either as dictated by the seasons or by the whim of the skipper. Built by the Landing School in 2005, Last Touch is a fine example of the Haven Class Sloops that has seen lots of tender loving care and is in excellent condition. Includes custom galvanized Triad trailer and full cockpit cover new in 2019. All seasonal paint and varnish done by George Zachorne Jr in 2019.
Last Touch is in excellent condition and ready to launch with no work required.
Vessel Name: Last Touch
Builder: LANDING SCHOOL
Model: Haven 12.5
Model Year: 2005
Year Built: 2005
Country: United States
MLS #: 264271
Length: 16' 0" (4.88m)
Draft: 3' 4" (1.02m)
Beam: 6' 1" (1.85m)
Working Sail Area : 155.00 sq ft
- Cedar planking on White Oak frames, floors and other structural members.
- Bulkheads are of painted marine plywood with openings to areas under foredeck and aft deck.
- Dynel / epoxy covered marine plywood decks
- Varnished Mahogany molded sheer strake, transom, cockpit coamings, cockpit seats & trim
- Lead ballast keel
- Ballasted centerboard
- Transom hung rudder
- Teak cockpit floorboards
- Bronze deck hardware
- Forest Green topsides with White boot stripe and Red bottom paint
- Gray Green decks with White interior hull and bulkheads
Spars and Rigging
- Gaff-rigged sloop configuration
- Varnished Sitka spruce mast boom and gaff and jib boom
- Varnished Mahogany boom crutch
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging with bronze turnbuckle adjusters
- Dacron 3-strand rope halyards and sheets
Sails and Canvas
- Main Sail
- Triad single-axle trailer designed for use with Haven Class Sloops